August 2022: HPV Vaccination Month
We invite healthcare providers to participate in Alaska’s HPV Vaccination Month to protect Alaska’s kids against HPV-related cancers.
By participating, your organization can help improve Alaska’s HPV vaccination rates, improve health outcomes, and ultimately help save lives.
How to get Involved as a Campaign Partner:
1. Sign up as an official partner of #HPVcancerfreeAK Vaccination Month.
2. Plan and implement an HPV clinical or promotional activity.
- CME Training for your staff
- Include HPV vaccination in your standing orders
- Strongly suggest HPV vaccinations starting at age 9
- Provide patient and parent education materials
- Add extended hours to your clinic or organize a special HPV Month event
- See our Pledge for many more ideas or come up with your own!
3. Increase your HPV vaccination rates and share best practices.
HPV Vaccination Month Events
Addressing Anti-Vaccine Aggression Webinar: Thurs, June 19th 11a – 12pm
While many were surprised by the pushback around the COVID-19 vaccine, the protests came as no surprise to anyone who has advocated for the HPV vaccine. Anti-vaccine aggression has increased in recent years, spilling over into public forums both online and in-person. In this session, Erica DeWald of Vaccinate Your Family will walk through ways both individuals and organizations can prepare for, and respond to, negativity and harassment.
Current State of HPV Vaccination Webinar: Thurs, June 16th 12 – 1pm
Get up to date information on the current state of HPV Vaccination in Alaska and the United States as a whole. Learn about the reasoning behind the push for vaccinating at age 9-10, and the impact the HPV vaccination has had on cervical cancer rates since its start in 2006. Also get insight into best practices for vaccine recommendation and how to overcome barriers to reach your population.
If you plan to hold a HPV Vaccination Clinic for HPV Vaccination Month, ensure you have enough HPV vaccine stock either through state-supplied vaccine or privately purchased vaccine. The Alaska Immunization Program provides no-cost vaccines to participating medical providers for eligible patients of all ages. If you are interested in enrolling to receive state-supplied vaccine, please email the Alaska Immunization Program at email@example.com.